Replies: 5
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Feeding schedule for cats at home alone

On 2015-06-20 1:33 AM, Pit2nya wrote:
On 6/18/2015 11:09 AM, Rhino wrote:
I may have to go out of town periodically in the coming months to deal
with my mother's health issues. I used to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 21st 15, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 2015-06-19 12:30 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 6/18/2015 1:09 PM, Rhino wrote:
I may have to go out of town periodically in the coming months to deal
with my mother's health issues. I used to bring...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 15, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Mats?

My male cat, who is 15, has longish hair and it is prone to getting
mats. This year is especially bad and he's getting a bit testy with me
as I try to deal with them.

He's never really been a fan...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 15, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Feeding schedule for cats at home alone

I may have to go out of town periodically in the coming months to deal
with my mother's health issues. I used to bring my cats with me (in a
carrier) when I had a car but I've got financial issues...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 15, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
New study links schizophrenia to cat ownership

On 2015-06-18 6:13 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

If you've not heard.

http://www.alphr.com/science/1000973/new-study-links-schizophrenia-to-cat-ownership

The other voice in my head doesn't ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 17th 13, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Inexpensive cat litter with minimal dust

I'd like to find an inexpensive cat litter that kicks up minimal amounts
of dust.

I touched on this in another thread a few weeks back and was advised to
get Tidy Cat. Unfortunately, I can't find...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 3rd 13, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Reducing dust from cat litter

On 2013-11-30 1:08 PM, Matthew wrote:
"Rhino" wrote in message
I recently started using supermarket gravel litter for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 30th 13, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Reducing dust from cat litter

I recently started using supermarket gravel litter for my two cats. They
made the switch from their old litter painlessly but I find that this
litter produces a fair amount of dust. I find the dust...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 28th 13, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Safe bug spray?

On 2013-10-26 10:04 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
Rhino wrote:
I've got a problem in my new apartment (which is in an old building)
with respect to bugs and am looking for some way of eliminating...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 28th 13, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Safe bug spray?

On 2013-10-26 8:20 PM, buglady wrote:
On 10/26/2013 3:11 PM, Rhino wrote:
I don't know much about bugs and don't know what these particular
critters are. They are very small and never seem to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 26th 13, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
A Jewish cat?

On 2013-10-20 6:41 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
One of my cats, (Maggie) loves lox and cream cheese. Bagels? - Not so
much. but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Does she honour the Sabbath and wear a yarmulke?...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 26th 13, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Safe bug spray?

I've got a problem in my new apartment (which is in an old building)
with respect to bugs and am looking for some way of eliminating them
that won't harm my two senior cats.

I don't know much...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 21st 12, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Catproof Christmas Lights?

Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are cat
proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her condo but her
cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 27th 12, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Odd cat ritual

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Rhino wrote:
"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 26th 12, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Trackers for cats?

[snip everything else to get past a posting error about overly long lines]

There you go... It seems the future is here already.....

I'm impressed. It seemed reasonable that someone COULD come up...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 26th 12, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Odd cat ritual

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Rhino wrote:
My male cat has an odd ritual that he does sometimes before drinking
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 26th 12, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Odd cat ritual

My male cat has an odd ritual that he does sometimes before drinking water:
he rubs his front feet back and forth alternately a few times in front of
the water source - like a human standing on a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 26th 12, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Trackers for cats?

Is anyone of aware of any products that can be attached to a cat so that it
can be tracked if it doesn't come home on its own?

I'm thinking of various TV shows in which the cops track the bad guy...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 12th 12, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Finding Missing Cats?

"Rene" wrote in message
From what I understand, cats who have escaped don't usually go very
far....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 12th 12, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Finding Missing Cats?

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Rhino" no_offline_contact_please example.com wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone out there has figured...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 12th 12, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Matted fur: how to comb/brush out

"FragSinatra" wrote in message
My orange tomcat Mage, has some really stubborn tangled fur on his
haunches. I've tried...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 11th 12, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Finding Missing Cats?

I'm wondering if anyone out there has figured out any good ways to track
down missing cats?

Here's my situation. My mother adopted two cats a few weeks ago. We think
they are brothers although we...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 30th 11, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Catproof Office Chair?

[crossposted from rec.pets.cats.community; that looked like the right place
at first but now I'm not so sure....]

I'm looking at replacing my main office chair for my home office and would
like to...
Forum: Cat community November 30th 11, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 13
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Catproof Office Chair?

I'm looking at replacing my main office chair for my home office and would
like to find a replacement made of materials that are cat-proof.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking for a chair that will...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 20th 11, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Cat-proofing my mattress?

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:15:10 -0500, "Rhino"
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33