Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: H. Adam Stevens
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 10th 07, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
My brother's dog has a cat!

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Daniel Mahoney wrote:

My brother Pat has been caring for a feral cat that has been coming his
yard....
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 1st 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Sad
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Sad

A few weeks ago I spotted an obvious kin of Max.
I fed him; I talked to him; He preferred his freedom.

I saw him on the road today.

He didn't make it.

The late Max, one of the two or three finest...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 7th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Quotes about cats

Thank you so much for the link.

H.
Formerly owned by the late Max, the cat of a lifetime.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/leicalover/Max.jpg?t=1181175039

Here's a quote: You have never...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 22nd 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Mayans and Muons Was: Max

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:28:13 -0500, H. Adam Stevens wrote:

Muons are ephemeral...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 22nd 07, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
My brother's new cats; Romeo and Buckwheat

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Karen wrote:
http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/chupie_2006/mikescats/

Romeo (the tux) and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 21st 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Mayans and Muons Was: Max

"Adrian A" wrote in message
H. Adam Stevens wrote:
"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 21st 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Mayans and Muons Was: Max

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:04:01 -0500, H. Adam Stevens wrote:

Forum: Cat anecdotes February 20th 07, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

wrote in message
H. Adam Stevens wrote:

"the depth of his intelligence in his...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 20th 07, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 37
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Is it love?

"Pat" wrote in message

"Helen Miles" wrote

| occasionally there is one...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 20th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

"the depth of his intelligence in his eyes"

I know some of the most intelligent humans on the planet.
If Nobels, etc, count........

Here's where I work: http://www.hep.utexas.edu/mayamuon/

That...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 20th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:49:25 -0500, H. Adam Stevens wrote:

One of the most...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 20th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:48:02 +0000, Adrian A wrote:

H. Adam Stevens wrote:
Cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 18th 07, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 101
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Religious door to door callers are dense....

Just come to the door looking like this:
http://www.fstdt.com/funnyimages/uploads/470.jpg

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 16th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
My favourite cat things....

Sometimes I'd fall asleep on my back.
I'd wake up to find Max between my arm and my chest, with his legs wrapped
around my arm and his head on my shoulder.
If I moved the claws came out; Just a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 14th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
In Loving Memory of Romeo - One year ago today

Flippy
You have my sympathy.
But you knew that.

How else would Max get to meet a fine Aussie cat like Romeo?
Not bloody likely in THIS world!

At least we get to know such fine, yet ephemeral, ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 13th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Cats are standoffish?

"Cleo was telling me about her day"

Max used to do that. My son once described him as "very vocal".
He followed me everywhere. "Velcro" is good.

Cheers

"Bill Stock" wrote in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 11th 07, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Cat Years

I had five years with Max.

No one else did.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/leicalover/MaxNap.jpg?t=1171161719
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 8th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

That link may be bad.
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/leicalover/Max.jpg

"Jane" wrote in message
On Feb...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 8th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

Thanks for all the comments.
Max was a great friend.
H.

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
H. Adam Stevens wrote:
Cat lovers:

Forum: Cat anecdotes February 8th 07, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

We had five years together.
Just wanted to share what a free cat looks like in his prime.

Cheers.
H.

"Matthew" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 8th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Max
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Max

Cat lovers:

Some months ago I shared my loss of Max, the finest cat I ever met.
I've uploaded a picture for your...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 28th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
I'm feeling sad today

wrote in message
blkcatgal wrote:

Today is the one year anniversary of losing my cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 28th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
I'm feeling sad today

Sue
I lost a once-in-a-lifetime cat a few months back.
Brown recluse spider got him, instead of the cougars, coyotes, bobcats and
dogs who he could dodge like a Ninja.
I called him Max.

I live next...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 22nd 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Top Ten reasons to Own a Cat Instead of a Dog

"kraut" wrote in message

The following is from an article in Cat Fancy magazine titled:

Garfield...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 7th 06, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By H. Adam Stevens
Cats Opening Food Cans

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message