Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred G. Mackey
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 7th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 73
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Would you leave food out for raccoons?

Joe Canuck wrote:
Lynne wrote:

on Sat, 07 Apr 2007 06:23:36 GMT, Rhonda wrote:

Actually, I think a hungry animal will raid a trash can whether
they've...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 7th 07, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 73
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Would you leave food out for raccoons?

Rhonda wrote:
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

People fed the cute little deers. Deers become accustom to human
food. They raid trash cans and in the process, chow down on potato
chip bags -...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 7th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 73
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Would you leave food out for raccoons?

Lynne wrote:
on Sat, 07 Apr 2007 02:24:22 GMT, "Sherry" wrote:

Well, yeah, I feed everything too. But the cats don't go out unless
I'm out, and never late, which is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 7th 07, 04:19 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 73
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Would you leave food out for raccoons?

William Graham wrote:
"Fred G. Mackey" wrote in message

Kiran wrote:

I have a cat but this is not about her, it...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 6th 07, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Pet owners retreat to kitchens

Marvel wrote:
wrote in message
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 6th 07, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Pet owners retreat to kitchens

Marvel wrote:
wrote in message
Forum: Cat community April 6th 07, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Pet owners retreat to kitchens

Marvel wrote:
wrote in message
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 4th 07, 07:49 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 73
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Would you leave food out for raccoons?

-L. wrote:
Upscale wrote:

"-L." wrote in message

Incidence of rabies in raccoons is relatively low. besides, I didn;t
say pet them - I said feed...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 4th 07, 07:47 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 73
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Would you leave food out for raccoons?

Kiran wrote:
I have a cat but this is not about her, it is about a group of raccoons
(one adult and five children). They have been spotted sniffing around
our and our neighbors' yards and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 3rd 07, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
"Is Your Cat Crazy?"

Kiran wrote:
http://pets.yahoo.com/pets/cats/bt/is_your_cat_crazy

Is Your Cat Crazy?

Does the Pope wear a big hat?

As a feline behaviorist, I get countless calls from owners claiming
Forum: Cat community April 1st 07, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behavior
Replies: 113
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Fred coins new word "resect"

Ernie wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message

Well not all of usenet and did you ever hear of something...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 15th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 108
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Whiskas Cat Food

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Well, for one thing, pet food does not have to live up to the same
standards as food meant for human consumption.

That's true - in many...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 15th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 108
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Whiskas Cat Food

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:36:19 -0400, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

I guess they all have food safety in mind, fish being difficult to preserve
without freezing....
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 15th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 108
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Whiskas Cat Food

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:25:15 -0400, Fred G. Mackey wrote:

Does anyone really believe the "Key Lime" pie you get at Red...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 14th 07, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 108
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Whiskas Cat Food

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

What I *do* know - because Whiskas is produced at a large factory only
12 miles away from where I live (and I know people who work there) -
is...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 14th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 108
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Whiskas Cat Food

William Graham wrote:

That would work great if you had x-ray vision.

Well, I didn't say it would be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 13th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 39
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Declawing is better for some cats. Houston Humane Societyis advertising front paw declawing!!

bookie wrote:

thing is he is probably seen as a real slim jim in the states, there
are probably loads of fat people in the mid west begging their doctors
for surgery to get their jaws wired...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 13th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 108
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Whiskas Cat Food

William Graham wrote:

If the factory is only 12 miles away, you could...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 12th 07, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 108
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Whiskas Cat Food

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
Ever read about the "food grade plaster" they put in Twinkies?
I would imagine the researchers don't swallow it though if they have
to taste a lot of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 10th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 247
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
Declawing is better for some cats. Houston Humane Societyis advertising front paw declawing!!

bookie wrote:
On 9 Mar, 22:58, "James" wrote:

i will try to stay calm but i can't promise anything....

firstly, i do nto have loads of spare time to clip and...
Forum: Cat rescue March 8th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Replies: 23
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

RosL wrote:
On Mar 7, 6:06 am, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:

May I respectfully suggest that an approptiate forum for this
discussion is...
Forum: Cat rescue March 7th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Replies: 23
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

Forum: Cat rescue March 7th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Replies: 23
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

fgdg wrote:

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

Forum: Cat rescue March 6th 07, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Replies: 23
Posted By Fred G. Mackey
VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

fgdg wrote:
Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
from a long investigation...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24