Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 4th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Stomatitis + Azithromycin - Phil?

Phil,
regarding my foster cat with stomatitis, I am going to start him on
zithro next week as he is really not doing well (guess the interferon
was a waste of money, but it was worth a try). I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 4th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Is it possible for a female cat to choose never to come into season

On Feb 1, 1:27 pm, "sheelagh" wrote:

The result is a very pleasing one.
She has agreed to spay her as long as I help towards the cost .I have
agreed to pay 50%...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 27th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Feline Faucitis/Stomatitis + Interferon - Update

Well, we don't seem to be having any luck with the interferon
treatment. See history at thread "Any experience with interferon
treatment for feline stomatits/faucitis?".

Tinin got his first...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 15th 07, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Former feral CHOWS his food

sideshowhaas wrote:

My friend brought a feral kitten into his home. The kitten is now about
6 months old and is VERY friendly, loves to be pet, scratched,
belly-rubbed, plays fetch, etc. He...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 15th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Costs of dental cleanings

Mike S. wrote:

I know that the cost of a dental cleaning will vary depending on a
number of things, but I'm trying to figure out what the average is. My
grandmother was telling me that the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 12th 07, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Persistent Urinary infection....

Cat Slave wrote:
Yes, a urine analysis was completed. I never saw any result sheet that
would indicate the details of what type of actual crystal etc were
involved but when talking to the vet I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 11th 07, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Persistent Urinary infection....

Hi Cat Slave,

Baytril is an antibiotic and Torbutrol is simply a pain medication.

If your cat 'only' has a UTI, an antibiotic will clear it up (i.e.
Baytril, even though Clavamox tends to be better...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 10th 07, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
PLEASE HELP! Fleas, fleas, FLEAS!

We are not millionaires, and we can't afford the prescription flea
treatments like Frontline or Evolution even though we know they work.

Unfortunately, you're going to end up spending more money...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 23rd 06, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
ADIVCE ON HOW TO CATCH A OVERLY TIMID CAT

Cheryl wrote:
I have no doubt that a drop trap would work, but I wonder how you
would get the cat into a carrier for vetting? Phil may have
explained before, but I probably missed it.

I take...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 23rd 06, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Hiding Cat not eating, drinking, peeing

wrote:
I just got 2 new cats. One has been hiding in the closet since Sunday
night. I now have her litter box and food and water in there but it's
all untouched.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 23rd 06, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
cat with infected bite

bob wrote:
I have a semi feral female, 3 yrs old (spayed, vaccinated). 2 wks ago she
got 2 nickel sized bites on her hind hip area and took her to the vet. He
said they were infected and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 18th 06, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
A Problem With My Kitten =(

schrieb:

And he went inside the room, this time it was
very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the cat
is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 8th 06, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Cat adoption denied due to age of person

stonej schrieb:

A 77 year old woman was turned down for adoption of a cat at a local
rescue group, reason
given was that she was "too old" and it was their policy not to let
elderly people...

stonej schrieb:

A 77 year old woman was turned down for adoption of a cat at a local
rescue group, reason
given was that she was "too old" and it was their policy not to let
elderly people...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 1st 06, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
In or out PT 2

Jay Kaner wrote:

Do you think there could be a happy medium?
I mean, I'm wondering, could we keep the cat indoors for a long enough
period that, when we do let her out, she wouldn't want to go...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 29th 06, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
please help me, i think my kittens dieing

Luna wrote:
I'd notice about 3
weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me off.
Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 29th 06, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Luna wrote:
I'd notice about 3
weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me off.
Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain...
Forum: Cat community November 28th 06, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Opinion / helpful suggestions about what to do with a neighborhood cat needed. (LONG)

kraut wrote:

I guess for now I will just leave him be until I can get his
fleas/ticks cleared up again and until it gets to cold for him in my
opinion. I do know that I am in no hurry to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 28th 06, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25

kraut wrote:

I guess for now I will just leave him be until I can get his
fleas/ticks cleared up again and until it gets to cold for him in my
opinion. I do know that I am in no hurry to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 28th 06, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
In or out?

Jay Kaner wrote:

Just got a kitten (Our first cat) She's 7 weeks old.
I don't know what to do regarding whether to keep her indoors all the time
or let her out.
At seven weeks, she is too...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 22nd 06, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
spaying fears..

BarB wrote

What's your feeling about routine pain medication after
surgery? Some vets seem to feel it makes the animal more active than
it should be after surgery and it is better to avoid...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 21st 06, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
HELP!! I had my 4 month old kittens spayed

AmandaWV4 wrote:

I had my 4 month old kitten spayed on Thursday. I haven't had a new kitty in
a while. We lost our cat of 10 years in Sept. Anyway I always thought that
6 months was the age...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 20th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Cat won't eat

wrote:
My parents cat will not eat and I am concerned.
snip
She is 10 years old. I did do some reading on CRF. Can you
determine CRF with the tests the vet ran? What...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 20th 06, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Any experience with interferon treatment for feline stomatitis/faucitis?

Phil P. wrote:

wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with
1. benefit of extracting teeth with...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 20th 06, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
spaying fears..

Elizabeth schrieb:

My 6 month old kitten has an appointment this Friday to get spayed. I have
never had a cat before and quite frankly I'm scared as hell that she's going
to die or get an...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38