Showing results 1 to 25 of 88
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: buglady[_2_]
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 7th 15, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By buglady[_2_]
cat scratching doorways

On 10/7/2015 1:39 PM, my wrote:
i having problems with my cats scratching up bedroom door ways around the house the doorway to the basement is already ruined

........Mount those cardboard cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 19th 15, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By buglady[_2_]
cat litter

On 8/18/2015 9:51 PM, obsidianjg wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:47:18 AM UTC-4, my wrote:
is the light weight cat litter any good

I use Cat's Pride unscented light weight and I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 12th 15, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By buglady[_2_]
cat hissing

On 8/11/2015 7:05 PM, my wrote:
how do i stop cat hissing at people

What are the situations where the cat hisses?
Does the cat attack the people also?

I'd just leave him/her alone and if it...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 26th 15, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By buglady[_2_]
My outside cat has an electric blanket

On 6/25/2015 6:55 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
I know my two would go under the bed if they are frightened (in a
strange place). I could have a problem getting them out. I have had
the problem...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 25th 15, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By buglady[_2_]
My outside cat has an electric blanket

On 6/25/2015 6:07 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:03:53 -0400, buglady
wrote:

On 6/25/2015 2:07 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
Do you keep them in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 25th 15, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By buglady[_2_]
My outside cat has an electric blanket

On 6/25/2015 2:07 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
Do you keep them in separate carriers? What about feeding and litter
during, say, a two or three day driving trip?

..............I'd say yes to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 15, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By buglady[_2_]
New study links schizophrenia to cat ownership

FYI, here's the facts on toxoplasmosis. Dogs can be infected also.
Since infection can be attained through multiple sources, these studies
don't impress me. It will just be another reason for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 15, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By buglady[_2_]
New study links schizophrenia to cat ownership

All 3 studies hover around 50%. Isn't that like tossing a coin??

buglady
take out the dog before replying

On 6/18/2015 6:13 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

If you've not heard.

Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 1st 15, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By buglady[_2_]
15-y/o male cat with bowel issues & occasional vomiting

On 4/1/2015 8:36 AM, BoonevillePhil wrote:

I had thought of that, but his appetite seem not to be affected nor is there any apparent
pain/swelling of the abdomen. I was even wondering if...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 1st 15, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By buglady[_2_]
15-y/o male cat with bowel issues & occasional vomiting

On 3/31/2015 7:14 PM, BoonevillePhil wrote:
We have a jet black male 15 y/o cat that has occasional bouts of vomiting & diarrhea.

.............Trip to the vet? I'd start with a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 20th 15, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Cat has scabs on his back

On 3/20/2015 10:48 AM, Baldoni wrote:
I'm in the UK he's treated for fleas I've been combing him and there is
no trace of fleas or flea dirt.

..........If no fleas then could be one of the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 20th 15, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Constipation

On 3/20/2015 5:06 PM, CatNipped wrote:
I've heard that pumpkin is good for constipation in cats, but I have no idea how to get him to eat it.

......You only need about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per day. Put...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 20th 15, 03:42 PM Posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Cat has scabs on his back

On 3/20/2015 9:34 AM, Baldoni wrote:
I have treated him for worms and
fleas several times over the last couple of years and that's not a
problem. He has however several scabs that run along his...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 16th 15, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Counting stray cats while cycling at night

On 2/15/2015 6:09 PM, John Doe wrote:
My guess is that depending on cats to kill rats was one of their
problems. Using cats is probably better than using poison and traps, but
better would be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 15th 15, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Counting stray cats while cycling at night

On 2/13/2015 6:28 PM, John Doe wrote:
Having fewer stray cats in Europe nowadays probably helps keep the
bubonic plague away. You all were nearly wiped out and traumatized by
the bubonic...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 8th 15, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Fundraiser - PLEASE HELP - My cat needs surgery

On 2/8/2015 4:00 AM, Jacqui Watz wrote:

I've noticed the spots on Harley's nose and I'm aware of a small one on his temple too. I'll be making sure the vet looks at them, not just his ears. The...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 7th 15, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Fundraiser - PLEASE HELP - My cat needs surgery

I fell for this once before. I sent money for a cat with bladder cancer
whose owner had only posted once about being desperate so thought about...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 31st 15, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Flea meds

On 1/31/2015 3:05 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:48:24 -0500, buglady
wrote:
.....borax or Fleabusters. Is the floor of the basement dirt or
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 31st 15, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Flea meds

On 1/30/2015 10:15 PM, Super Man wrote:

what should i do about the fleas that swarm the basement that's were the fleas come from and then they get on the cats this is an old house i live...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 30th 15, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Flea meds

On 1/30/2015 1:08 PM, Super Man wrote:
Front line seemed like it help i havent seen no scratching yet i tried bug bombers for the house bug they never done the job

.......Heh! That's because all...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 13th 15, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Break up cat fights

don't do it unless it's essential, it's a last ditch thing if you cannot
break them up from fighting any other way. It frightens them big...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 6th 15, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Cat not using a liter box

On 1/6/2015 4:48 PM, Super Man wrote:
I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

............Did you clean the area...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 8th 14, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Lab Testing after Thyroid treatment

On 12/7/2014 3:36 PM, Sylvia M wrote:

Better fact finding than I have done. Many thanks.

...........that endocrine doc's site is the best!

Sodium 154 mEq/L range 145-158
Potassium 4.9...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 6th 14, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Whiskas Temptations ...

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

Oh, I never read about 15 per day. Nipsy is certainly near that limit.

...........Actually Temptations is made by Mars and are completely
balanced. All the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 4th 14, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By buglady[_2_]
Whiskas Temptations ...

On 12/4/2014 10:17 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

I noticed that in the 'instructions' is says no more than 15 per day.

Anyone know why,
...........Probably because it's not balanced food and they...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 88