Showing results 1 to 25 of 427
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: -Lost
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 7th 08, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By -Lost
Pica?: What should I ask the vet about?

Response to "Riannon via CatKB.com" u42022@uwe:

Although I don't know about chewing plastic, I know that some
cats will eat litter and or sand when they are anemic. One of
my cats used to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 7th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By -Lost
Pica?: What should I ask the vet about?

Response to "Rene S." :

It's possible he's attracted to the plastic on the DVD cases.
For some reason, certain cats enjoy chewing plastics. A vet trip
certainly is a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 08, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By -Lost
Do you brush their teeth?

Response to James :

Good idea or just a gimmic?

I imagine it may depend on whether or not you feed entirely kibble,
wet, or a mixture of both.

Kibble is reported to be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 08, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By -Lost
Pica?: What should I ask the vet about?

Pica?: What should I ask the vet about?

I believe one of our cats has "Pica." He's slated to visit the vet's
office tomorrow morning (Monday) as I've noticed he's been attempting
to chew up DVD...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 08, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By -Lost
Cats won't stop eating dog food. Any tips?

Response to "news" :

I'm not sure this will work as the dogs graze at random times
-- not excessively.

Dogs don't need to "graze". They do better with regulated
feeding...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 4th 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By -Lost
Great toy!

Response to "Phil P." :

snip

Is there a limit to the treats? I would like to see the
larger cat exercising a bit longer but is there something I
could replace...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 2nd 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By -Lost
Great toy!

Response to "Phil P." :

Its called "Peek-a-Prize". Instead of putting the balls it
comes with inside, I throw some treats inside. Sly keeps patting
and pushing the treats...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 2nd 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By -Lost
Cats won't stop eating dog food. Any tips?

Response to "Rene S." :

On a serious note, does such a place exist? *And if so, how
would the dogs get there? *I'm guessing if a cat cannot reach
the food the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 1st 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By -Lost
Is this a decent cat food?

Response to honeybunch :

I kind of like the Wellness food for him but do cats really
need
to eat rice, carrots, sweet potatoes, blueberries, and dried
kelp? If left...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 1st 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By -Lost
Cats won't stop eating dog food. Any tips?

Response to "Rene S." :

snip

I would either:
1. Give all animals timed feedings and take the food away after a
period of time (15-30 minutes)

I'm not sure this...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 30th 08, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By -Lost
Cats won't stop eating dog food. Any tips?

Cats won't stop eating dog food. Any tips?

I've noticed that our cats are grazing on dog food between feedings
-- anyone have a tip or two on how to curb this behavior?

--
-Lost
Remove the extra...

Response to Lynne :

-Lost wrote:

I hope this doesn't sound too stupid... but how did you notice
he was having troubles? I mean, is the litter box visible...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By -Lost
drive-by picture posting

Response to Lynne :

Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(

Yeah, bladder crystals. Levi has FHV and stress negatively
impacts his health. After having some work done on...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By -Lost
R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and a rant.

Response to "CatNipped" :

snip

Maybe not. I have osteopenia (sort of "pre-" osteoporosis) and
have still been given a good chance. They, now-a-days, hold the
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By -Lost
R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and a rant.

Response to "CatNipped" :

CN, wow. That was painfully harsh. I thought you were trying to
rein in the the personal dramatics for awhile, but now
something else...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By -Lost
R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and a rant.

Response to "CatNipped" :

snip

And if you are talking about whipping my arse the spouse kindly
requests that you bring assistance.

Have you heard of the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By -Lost
R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and a rant.

Response to "CatNipped" :

Just one question. Since when is it *my* responsibility to take
care of *your* cats?

I'll say this nicely once, and once only. Keep...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 9th 08, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 48
Posted By -Lost
EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

Response to "-Lost" :

Oh not just that, sweetie. Also the sudden clarity and acuity
when talking technical photography - other stuff.

You mean the mood...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 9th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 48
Posted By -Lost
EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

Response to "CatNipped" :

I'm coming around to the opinion that she's elaborately
trolling the group. Have you ever googled her? She's a bit
more than she...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 8th 08, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By -Lost
Losing the Food Wars.

Response to jmc :

snip
I read on here somewhere (forget where) where someone
recommended grinding the kibble to dust and sprinkling it over
the wet....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 7th 08, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By -Lost
Problems with our four different cats

Response to catmando :

Four cats own my wife and I. Nugget, ex-female, delcawed, 18
year old tortoiseshell, who is hyperthyroid, very thin but
active, and on hyperthyroid...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 7th 08, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By -Lost
Losing the Food Wars.

Response to jmc :

Meep, spayed female, 12 years old, cystitis. Has attacks when
fed dry, even the veterinary urinary kind.

Hi, Meep!

snip

Problem is,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 7th 08, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By -Lost
Do cats fart?

Response to "Cheryl" :

Do cats have an anus?
Do cats digest food?

Being able to pass gas isn't a given in mammals. For example,
mice can't burp. I think it...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 6th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By -Lost
Do cats fart?

Response to James :

Smelled like a fart. I didn't fart but the cat was in the room.

Our newest addition Phat Kat was a gasser when he first came to us.
Our vet said...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 6th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By -Lost
Japan and pet care

Response to "cshenk" :

Hi Lost! Figured I'd move this over here.

I see!

Same here on the feelings though I've not lived in any remote
areas in a very long time. Still,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 427