Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mdsu
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 41
Posted By mdsu
Cat heart murmur and incompetent humane society vet

-L. wrote:
mdsu wrote:
Please, I've heard enough of that from the Humane Society. There's a
difference between being frustrated and being mean. Charlie is not a
vacuum cleaner that I will...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 06, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 41
Posted By mdsu
Cat heart murmur and incompetent humane society vet

MaryL wrote:
"mdsu" wrote in message
As some of you may know, I just adopted two cats from my local humane
society last...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 41
Posted By mdsu
Cat heart murmur and incompetent humane society vet

Lynne wrote:
wrote:
What type of murmur exactly is this?

In any case, regardless, be extremely careful of the condition of the
teeth.

With cats this is for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 06, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

-L. wrote:
mdsu wrote:
As some of you may know, I just adopted two cats from my local humane
society last week. They had their first appointment with my vet this
morning. She detected a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 4th 06, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Lynne wrote:
mdsu wrote:
As some of you may know, I just adopted two cats from my local humane
society last week. They had their first appointment with my vet this
morning. She detected a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 4th 06, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 41
Posted By mdsu
Cat heart murmur and incompetent humane society vet

As some of you may know, I just adopted two cats from my local humane
society last week. They had their first appointment with my vet this
morning. She detected a heart murmur in the male, Charlie....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 3rd 06, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 26
Posted By mdsu
Saying Goodbye To Jason

Paige wrote:
Hello everyone,

I greatly appreciate your heartfelt messages.

I've posted pictures taken last week and Sunday morning. Just copy and
paste

Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 2nd 06, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By mdsu
Advice on getting 2 cats to get along

Elle wrote:
Try to find a screen (or even jury rig some chicken coop
wire) that covers the whole doorway of one room, such that
the cats can see each other but not get into the same room
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 2nd 06, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Elle wrote:
Try to find a screen (or even jury rig some chicken coop
wire) that covers the whole doorway of one room, such that
the cats can see each other but not get into the same room
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 1st 06, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By mdsu
Advice on getting 2 cats to get along

kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
we got a second male cat (we now have two) about a month ago - they are both
neutered.

the younger cat (1) also pounces on the older cat (5) when he's not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 30th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By mdsu
Advice on getting 2 cats to get along

Rhonda wrote:
mdsu wrote:

Thanks. I think I'm already smelling cat pee in the apartment. That
would suck! I'm beginning to wonder if I got the cats too soon. My
last cat died only a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 29th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By mdsu
Advice on getting 2 cats to get along

Rene S. wrote:
Hi Rich,

It sounds like you're doing all the right things, but it's just been a
few days. It might take a few weeks or more for things to settle down.
Keep alternating the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 29th 06, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By mdsu
Advice on getting 2 cats to get along

I brought two new cats, Charlie and Ellie, home from the local Humane
Society this past Tuesday.

Charlie and Ellie were neutered and spayed the day before I got them.

When I got home, I let them...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 25th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By mdsu
Food preference

I'm about to bring two shelter cats home on Tuesday. They are both 1
year old. I asked my vet, but she didn't express a preference. She
indicated that Eukanuba, Purina One, Iams, Science Diet, and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 22nd 06, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By mdsu
Health insurance?

Matthew wrote:
I have done the pet account with my bank Each of the furballs get 50 a
month added to their account. I do this just in case I need the extra money
for them for whatever even...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 22nd 06, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By mdsu
Health insurance?

mdsu wrote:
I'm in the process of adopting two 1-yo cats from the local humane society.

My last cat had many health problems in the last 5 years of his life,
and I spent a lot of money...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 22nd 06, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By mdsu
Health insurance?

I'm in the process of adopting two 1-yo cats from the local humane society.

My last cat had many health problems in the last 5 years of his life,
and I spent a lot of money caring for him.

My...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 22nd 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 32
Posted By mdsu
Putting my cat down

Stacia wrote:
Hi all. For a while now I've posted occasionally about my cat Spam,
who's about 15 years old now, and has CRF, cardiomyopathy, and was born
with cerebellar hypoplasia. Spam...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 21st 06, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By mdsu
Good source for cat tree/condo, etc.

I'm adopting 2 cats from the local humane society. They are both a year
old and very active. I want to buy a cat tree/condo. I'd appreciate it
if someone would suggest a good source other than...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 17th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By mdsu
Neurologist & Vet Have No Idea What's Wrong With My Poor Cat

Paige wrote:

I hope you can get a diagnosis soon. MRI is expensive and I'd have
x-rays done before resorting to MRI if you haven't done so. My best
advice, overall, is don't let him...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 3rd 06, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By mdsu
Al died today

Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
mdsu wrote:
Thank you all so much for your kind words. It helps a lot!

Buddy asked about...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 29th 06, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By mdsu
Al died today

Thank you all so much for your kind words. It helps a lot!

Buddy asked about Al's lung cancer. It actually was lung cancer as
opposed to feline leukemia. Apparently it's not too common for animals...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 28th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By mdsu
Al died today

Al, my orange tabby (4 white paws and chest), who I adopted from an Ohio
shelter 14 years ago on August 17, died today. He had lung cancer. I
held him as the vet euthanized him. It was peaceful...
Forum: Cat community July 24th 06, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 20
Posted By mdsu
Terminal cancer diagnosis confirmed (was "Looks like it's the endfor Al")

Hi all. I got back from the vet a little while ago. She took a couple
x-rays of Al's lungs and confirmed he has terminal cancer. I'm very sad,
but the news was expected. It's not Al's time yet, so...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 24th 06, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 19