Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rene[_2_]
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 19th 12, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Rene[_2_]
feline hyperthyroid?

My veterinarian used to write prescriptions which I used to get filled
at either Sam's Club, or Costco. You do NOT need a membership to get
prescriptions filled there; it's a Federal law, in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 12, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Mage: feline hyperthyroid?

Is IS treatable, so don't worry. Also, if he's lost that much weight,
you might want to have the vet check for diabetes too, just as a
precaution.

Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 12, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Liquid That Repels Cats?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I once dug blood meal into the soil as a fertilizer (not as a repellant). *I
soon had dogs digging all through that area!! *Of course, I did not mix it
with the other...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 12, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Liquid That Repels Cats?

Like dgk said, these cats are obviously not spayed/neutered, hence the
all-night yowling. Trapping these cats in a live trap and getting them
altered would sure help (and prevent more kittens).

You...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 11th 12, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Finding Missing Cats?

From what I understand, cats who have escaped don't usually go very
far. He could be hiding under a shrub, in a garage or under a porch
nearby, and may not respond to you calls because he is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 6th 12, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Matted fur: how to comb/brush out

I'd rather not cut out or even clip the fur mats, which are in the short
fur of the haunches, I imagine Mage might freak out. Would a good, warm
bath and shampoo get the mats out?

IME, no. It...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 6th 12, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Day one of Tiger's kidney diet, and history

Well, there is no reason why I couldn't grind up a whole chicken and feed it
to my cats. - They could do a lot worse, and the cost per pound would be
significantly better than canned cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 5th 12, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Day one of Tiger's kidney diet, and history

I question how good it is for cats to "grind up a whole bird". They don't
normally eat the bones of birds in the wild. Do they seperate out the meat
for grinding?

AFAIK you grind up everything...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 4th 12, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Day one of Tiger's kidney diet, and history

My wife found a petfood store that grinds up whole birds for catfood,
which is another bit of advice from Dr. Hodgkins and other whole-food
proponents. Going there on Monday.

I admire your...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 4th 12, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Chronic Renal Failu Low protein, or good protein?

Well, accepting your claim that drinking lots of water is good for the cat's
kidneys, how does one go about getting their cats to drink water? Does
feeding them dry food, or salty food to make...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 31st 12, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Chronic Renal Failu Low protein, or good protein?

Here's another great article from Little Big Cat, a site I like a lot:
http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/kidney-disease-in-older-cats/
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 31st 12, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Chronic Renal Failu Low protein, or good protein?

I am not a fan of prescription foods for any reason. I really like the
Your Cat book, and also the catinfo.org website. She has a section
discussing common feline diseases. This is taken from their...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 14th 12, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Cat won't use littler box anymore

Nice! Thanks for the update. Cats are such creatures of habit. Hope he
continues to improve and lose weight.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 27th 12, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Cat won't use littler box anymore

I just noticed that when he goes on the towel I set out on the carpet,
he still kicks, and gets a little frustrated when he can't bury the
urine. *He's a very clean cat, he just doesn't use the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 26th 12, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Cat won't use littler box anymore

We are aiming at 1 lb per week. *The box is uncovered. *I would say
the sides are low, but I found one that is a little lower, so I'll
give that try. *I never heard of cat attract litter, but...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 25th 12, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Cat won't use littler box anymore

First, while I'm happy that you are working on reducing his weight, I
hope your vet has stressed how important it is for him to SLOWLY lose
the weight. Like with humans, rapid weight loss can be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 25th 12, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Rene[_2_]
office cats moving to a new location

How will the move happen? Will it be done quickly, or over the span of
some days? I'd suggest, on moving day, that you shut the cats in a
room in the old building and put a large sign on the door...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 25th 12, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Innoculations

My friend believes in getting them the initial shots and then letting
their own immune systems build up. *Sounds like a good idea to me. *Of
course I wouldn't be talking this way if she was an...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 24th 12, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Innoculations

Hi Mack--

First, kudos to you for adopting this cat. IMO, I would not get the
vaccines this year. The standards for vaccine frequency has changed.
Most vaccines can last for three years or more. I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 19th 12, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene[_2_]
When is the right time to say good bye...

Thank you for the update. I'm glad he's doing ok. Evo makes a number
of flavors, so I'm sure he'll like one of them. Ours really like the
duck.

Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 11th 12, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene[_2_]
When is the right time to say good bye...

I would suggest making a list of things Aristo enjoys (playing,
hunting, eating, cuddling with you, etc.) If it gets to the point of
him doing few, or any, of the things on the list, you will know...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 6th 12, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Grass

On Apr 6, 9:41*am, Kathy wrote:
I guess I should have mentioned this. *He has been to 3 different vets
in the last month, looking for 2nd & 3rd *opinions. *Tests have also
been done. *They...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 6th 12, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Grass

Like the others said, sometimes eating grass helps them to vomit or
possibly settle their stomachs. I agree with dgk; please take him to
the vet. He could have something that's easily treatable.

Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 29th 12, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Female cat seems weird?

OK so all of you seem to agree that she is not pregnant. I'll give her
some worm medicine today then. She seems fine and is very quick in her
movements around the house. I'll give her the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 29th 12, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Rene[_2_]
Female cat seems weird?

Please take her to the vet. There may be something else going on
that's far more serious.

Rene
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53