Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 1.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ralph
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralph
fleas

My 17 year old cat (DSH), living in a basement apartment, now has her first
case of fleas. Likely she's had them for a while, but I saw the first one
while combing her Friday.

I got some "Zodiac...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 13th 09, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Ralph
Is this for real?

....and after you visit the site, make sure you do a virus / malware scan.

Hint: If you can do that well at selling, you don't need to go to that site.

Sorry, nothing positive to say about the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 09, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Ralph
How Often Do You....

At over 17, mine needs brushing every day, and her purr is worth the time,
and is a good calming exercise for me, too. We help each other.

wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 19th 09, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Ralph
Cat food brands--Science Diet = cat equivalent of rich folk buying their people food at Whole Foods and other boutique grocery stores?

You've seen the ads, and you're skeptical - good.
Now you need to know some cat biology, what they need, and what's in the
commercial food that they don't need.
Don't believe me. Look it up. Ask...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 4th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Ralph
ingurIndoor/outdoor cat now indoors?

Best advice: keep him indoors. I hope he's 'fixed'.

Indoors, he'll lead a happy, long life, with caring owners.
My 'humaine society' tabby is now over 17 human years old. - and still has a
purr I...
Forum: Cats - misc February 1st 09, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Ralph
Help! New Cat Mom

Cats will investigate anything they find interesting. They will play with
their toys, your toys, light beams, shadows, their own tails, balls of
crumpled paper, string, bugs, fax paper, and I'm...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 1st 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Ralph
When you cat licks you

Cats make and break their own rules for their own reasons, although both cat
and owner need to co-operate.

My favourite quote from a biology teacher:
"Place any living organism in the most...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 22nd 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralph
did you know

There seems to be conflicting reports on this.

For the cat, I...
Forum: Cats - misc November 8th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralph
how encourage cats onto cat-bed ?

Cats are remarkably social creatures, despite all the rumours to the
contrary.

They respond to positive influences, and especially texture and scent. (the
catnip got one)
You may have noticed...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 7th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Ralph
Do Cats Pretend They Are People?

Heavens, no!!

In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the
cat.
- Warren Eckstein

"Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of
the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 7th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By Ralph
Do Cats Pretend They Are People?

Heavens, no!!

In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the
cat.
- Warren Eckstein

"Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of
the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 2nd 08, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Ralph
Why shouldn't cats eat fish-based food?

The myth is that a cat knows what's good for them.

Their instincts were developed in the wild, when food was not produced by
businesses that prey on human buyers. In the wild, a cat's life is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 24th 08, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Ralph
Cat litter spreading

pile some of the litter against the side of the pan near the entrance to the
box.

That way she'll be further into the box.

"Janet" wrote in message...
Forum: Cats - misc August 21st 08, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Ralph
Communication

I have to go with Ted on the separation of food, water and litter.
I knew to keep the litter a good distance away, but only recently found that
my tabby preferred the water a distance apart.
I...
Forum: Cats - misc August 19th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Ralph
Communication

The instinct is to cover the food so that other animals don't smell it. The
same reason applies to burying in the litterbox.
If your cat is overweight, try a *little* less in the bowl at one...
Forum: Cat community May 27th 08, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralph
Some Unusual Information About Cats

I was a little dubious of some of these claims.

1. I did a google search, and found only one reference to the blindfolded
kitten...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralph
is this feasible??

feasible?
That would depend on your definition of feasible.
Add about $10 for every component involved, and you triple the cost of a
bicycle for the stand.
Possible? Yes, if you have all the bits...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 11th 07, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralph
I was wrong about one thing....

I don't know why a vet would owe me anything,
but I expect not to be bilked, just because I'm asking a professional for
help.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat community December 11th 07, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralph
I was wrong about one thing....

I don't know why a vet would owe me anything,
but I expect not to be bilked, just because I'm asking a professional for
help.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 4th 07, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Ralph
Beware...Cat bites can turn into a nasty, infected mess in less than 12 hours.

I like the disinfectant, Dettol.
It's not expensive, and used diluted, as suggested, lasts a long, long time.
It was recommended by the last vet I respected.

"IBen Getiner" wrote...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 31st 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralph
why are some cats evil?

Hello,

I'll start with another question- why do you perceive some people good or
bad?
You judge on appearance, posture, manner, language, ideas and possibly
smell.

Your cat takes in LOTS of...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21