Showing results 1 to 25 of 130
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Noon Cat Nick
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 23rd 09, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 48
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
RIP My old friend

Matthew wrote:
I just got back inside from burying my old friend of 15 plus years. His
name was Phantom; my grouchy Old man. I buried him next to Spirit. I
wrapped him in some towels...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 24th 09, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 30
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
We had to say goodbye to Boo

cybercat wrote:
It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
frolicked and was her usual...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 5th 09, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
wasting cat

wrote:
we have an eight-year-old longhair mongrel cat who is getting thinner
and thinner despite having a good appetite... she has been in good
spirits till now but now...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 3rd 09, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Man accused of stuffing his cat into a bong

from the Associated Press
Monday, March 2, 2009

OMAHA, NEBRASKA - A man who tried to cool out his hyper cat by stuffing
her into a boxlike homemade bong faces cruelty charges - and catcalls
from...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 1st 09, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Lump in tail

Clara Semps wrote:
One of my cats has always been what we call a "happy tail." He walks
around with his tail held high... especially when eating. About 4
months ago he had a really bad time...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 26th 09, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Q re grief support group for pet loss

Would anyone here know how to go about starting a pet loss grief support
group locally? TIA.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 25th 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Sleep twitching

Mike wrote:
We recently adopted a 6 month old male who is the most good natured thing.

My previous cat was very easily awakened when someone walked by or
touched him and his ears would...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 25th 09, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Is yours right or left handed?

James wrote:
I think my pussy is a southpaw. Seems she always use her left paw
when ever she reaches for me. I'm going to start noting if she curls
up to the right or to the left and which...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 12th 09, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 72
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Supporting Sammy the post office cat

MaryL wrote:
People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is
a federal building and Sammy...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 12th 09, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 43

MaryL wrote:
People in a small town in Tennessee have rallied around to support Sammy
the cat. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because the Post Office is
a federal building and Sammy...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 10th 09, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 29
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
How do you get a cat off a power pole?

Candace wrote:
Another freaking cat crisis in my 'hood. Of all the zillions of
outdoor cats I now feed that have been dumped (discussed here
previously so I won't bore everyone)--literally 9...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 10th 09, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33

Candace wrote:
Another freaking cat crisis in my 'hood. Of all the zillions of
outdoor cats I now feed that have been dumped (discussed here
previously so I won't bore everyone)--literally 9...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
doc here

Doc Bac wrote:

sorry for the caps, i thought you were the idiots. i won't bother
anyone here anymore, this is a most unwelcome site.

Only when you scream at us by using all caps.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 09, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
CATS AND HEALTH

Doc Bac wrote:
A WOMAN I KNOW HAS 40 SOME CATS IN THE HOUSE, NO HEAT IN NORTHERN MN,
AND HEATS A BIT WITH SOME ELECTRIC HEATERS SHE BOUGHT. 1 DOG INSIDE, 3
OUTSIDE IN A KENNEL. ANYWAY, I SAY...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 7th 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cooking.chefs
Replies: 5
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Is it politically correct to call a cat "pussy"???

Gene Stonerly wrote:
Because calling a cat "pussy" may offend many women...

Calling a woman "pussy" would offend many more women. In either case,
the cat wouldn't mind.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 7th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
cat's front teeth gone

Sylvia M wrote:
My cat is 5 years old.
She now has no incisors, tiny teeth, between her canines on her lower
jaw.
I noticed that she only had 2 or 3 last year.
The only cause that I can...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Who'll be spending New Year's Eve/New Year's Day alone with theirpets

wrote:
On Dec 29, 2:57 am, Noon Cat Nick
wrote:

like me?

yes i confess, i will be sharing my new years eve with my cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 08, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Winter is Here!

wrote:
Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.

Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
middle of the back yard on the picnic...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 8th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Hi Everyone

Salford1 wrote:
My name's Pete (UK). Just joined the group & thought i'd introduce
myself.

Hello back. I'm on the group off and on. More off than on.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 30th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Get rid of abusive poster's or how to achieve Newsgroup Nirvana!

K. A. Cannon wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:49:30 -0700 (PDT), mystro
wrote:

Usenet's very liberal policy/rules.

an article about killfiles and killfiling...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 11th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Do cats understand mirrors?

Stan Brown wrote:
My closet doors are mirrored, and Milo seems fascinated.

Does he think it's another cat? Or, since the "other cat" has no
smell, does anyone have a clue what cats do...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 1st 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 28
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Goodbye to my Friend.

Mac Cool wrote:
Goodbye to my Friend

Today my friend went to sleep. He has been having troubles these last
few weeks with his heart and today a clot broke loose and paralyzed his
back...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 1st 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 28
Posted By Noon Cat Nick
Goodbye to my Friend.