A cat forum. CatBanter

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 6.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jmcquown[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 12th 19, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy Loves Catnip! (pics)

She has a plush little hedgehog toy with a velcro tummy for catnip.
After a play session with the fishing wand toy, I replenished the little
hedgehog with catnip. ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 8th 19, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
The Big Loud Sucky Monster

On 10/7/2019 2:41 AM, Tina wrote:
On 04/10/2019 17:38, jmcquown wrote:
aka the vaccuum cleaner.* Hoover, if you prefer.* It actually is a
Hoover branded vaccuum cleaner. :)

I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 8th 19, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A masterful BCT

On 10/7/2019 8:40 AM, Mahoney, DC wrote:
Saturday Nancy and I went out running some errands. When we got home I
thought it strange that Benni wasn't hanging out at any of her usual
places....
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 5th 19, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy alerted me

A "Peeper". That's what they call the small tree frogs that live around
here. They're tiny but make a huge racket. Buffy alerted me to the
fact that there was one climbing up the window. I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 4th 19, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Jeanne Hedge passed away

On 10/4/2019 12:52 PM, Mishi wrote:
Just found out that Jeanne Hedge passed away on Oct 1, 2019. She is finally reunited with her kitties,Tribble and Natasha. May your trip to the Bridge be...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 4th 19, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
The Big Loud Sucky Monster

aka the vaccuum cleaner. Hoover, if you prefer. It actually is a
Hoover branded vaccuum cleaner. :)

I vaccuumed the living room. In the era this house was built there was
usually a formal...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 3rd 19, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Smokey is ringing

On 10/3/2019 10:08 AM, Bill Stock wrote:
I was trying to find my phone the other day, but it was nowhere in site. So I said Alexa, where is my phone? Next thing you know, Smokey starts ringing. She...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 1st 19, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Just Trying to Annoy Buffy ;)

Turnabout is fair play. Buffy ignores me most of the day. She can
snooze right through me being gone for hours at a time and not move from
one spot. Doesn't even notice. But even when I'm...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 19, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Smokey doesn't understand

On 9/27/2019 7:27 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
Tell your SO to get it done while they are younger. The operation itself went smoothly, they do so many of these now. The surgery itself was somewhere around...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 27th 19, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Smokey doesn't understand

On 9/26/2019 10:42 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
Actually Smokey is selfish, but what do you expect from a Kat.

Grumpy old bill just had a knee replacement on Monday, which means I can't do some of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 31st 19, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Nice Play Session with Buffy

I furminated her highness and after that she felt very playful. I got
the fishing wand toy out of the hall closet. I had told her to "stay"
in the living room but saw her peeping around the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 31st 19, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A display of tinyness

On 8/28/2019 11:25 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
On 27/08/2019 10:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another
cat. When I questioned the wisdom...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 31st 19, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A display of tinyness

On 8/27/2019 10:03 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another cat. When I questioned the wisdom of adding another, her reply was "Or we could get...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 25th 19, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
the latest on Floki

On 8/25/2019 10:28 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't get up on the countertops
thankfully, but...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 2nd 19, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state tooutlaw the procedure

On 7/25/2019 8:20 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Auric Hellman
wrote:

Wonderful news!!

Forum: Cat anecdotes July 29th 19, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy found a new place to sit

On 7/28/2019 11:47 PM, Bill Nak wrote:
What a great pic, Jill!

Thanks! I was surprised it came out so well since I couldn't even tell
if she was in the frame, much less in focus. Got lucky!...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 29th 19, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy found a new place to sit

She climbed up on the back of my desk chair while I was sitting in it.
I grabbed the camera and voila!

https://i.postimg.cc/wjSLbXMk/buffyperch.jpg

I guess this is what it would look like if cats...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 27th 19, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Ravenous kitties

On 7/26/2019 9:25 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
Persia *yowled* at the mere sight of a cat out the window. Or on *her*
private patio. How dare you! She literally crashed through a screen
door to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Now that Helen and Dan have come back...

On 7/23/2019 2:54 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 5:02:30 PM UTC-5, ann wrote:
We have an air conditioner in our bedroom. Some times Lucy Lu will come
in as we have a cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Ravenous kitties

On 7/23/2019 3:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
We feed our kitties both dry food and wet food. We leave dry food down so they can graze (but have to put it in a puzzle bowl to keep Ranger from scarfing...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A bit about Trixie

On 7/21/2019 2:54 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Trixie, my older cat, is slowly getting used to sharing her house with a
younger cat. She was six years old when I adopted her from the local
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

On 7/20/2019 8:32 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 7/19/2019 2:45 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Fun With Buffy

On 7/20/2019 8:28 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I always know when she wants to play because she starts...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 20th 19, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Fun With Buffy

I always know when she wants to play because she starts batting golf
balls around. I sometimes rue the day I ever gave her a golf ball to
play with.

There are cat toys all over my living room. A...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 19th 19, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

On 7/19/2019 2:45 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I have been doing some house cleaning today. Got out the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump