Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 28th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Need help with stray cat (kinda long)

I agree with your approach and mc and gail; this is the approach that most
behaviourists recommend. However some behaviourists disagree and feel that
imprisoning the new cat is too frightening and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 28th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Q abt water fountains

My cat loves his fountain - he used both the Drinkwell and Catit but seems to
get more enjoyment out of the Catit. He drinks from both the globe and the
bowl. If you experiment with adjusting the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 28th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Cat off the leather sofa

Hi, there is a product called sticky paws but I agreed with Cybercat that
scratching is a natural behaviour and posts that will take a cat's full
weight, and height at full stretch need to be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 27th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Midnight Snacks & Pooing

Hi, cats are most active at night (although more particularly at dusk and
dawn) and they'll eat most often then. Where is your cat depositing his poo,
presumably not in his littertray? I'd suggest...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Cat Friendly Plants

http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/leaflets.asp
Under "Practical Advice" see "Cats and Grass" which underscores the previous
poster's point
Under "Behaviour/Environment" see "Cats and Gardens"

Here's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 9th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Frontline type products

James wrote:
I read in another thread that cats don't like having it applied to
them. Are there anti flea and tick products that doesn't bother the
cat?

Program is a suspension which can be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 27th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 208
My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

Try spraying the carrier with Feliway. At the end of the day, if your vet is
referring puss to another veterinary hospital, she has to go. Ask him if you
can put in some bedding or other items with a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 26th 07, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Vocal Males

I suspect it's because the neutering was done after sexual maturity. Try
engaging them in predatory play.

http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour_playtime.html

wrote:
I have 3...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 9th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
To see or not to see

http://www.fabcats.org/fading_kittens.html

Congratulations to you on doing this. I've no direct experience, I'm just an
everyday cat-owner, but the above mentions hypoglycaemia where a kitten...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 27th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Help - one of my boys is bullying the other

Age can be a factor in changing relationships between siblings. I've read
that the best of times are up to the age of eighteen months. After that,
siblings can begin to perceive one another as...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Feline Bladder Stones

http://www.fabcats.org/flutd.html

wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm new here and want to thank you in advance for any
advice you might have. Our 10 year-old cat has just finished...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
He's throwing up and I'm upset

Even though you're taking your cat in tomorrow, please call your emergency
vet for advice. Dehydration is the immediate issue here.

wrote:
I know it's pretty common for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Old cat sneezing

Hi, Ann, your cat sounds as though he's in distress and you're justified in
at least getting telephone advice from an emergency vet. If you can't take
your cat in, can you find a pet transport...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
6-Week-Old Kitten Questions...

http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/leaflets/630_your_new_cat_or_kitten.pdf
http://www.fabcats.org/kittencare.html
http://wizz-catz.co.uk/kitteninfo.html

FAB confirms dry food is ok, Wizz stresses the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 15th 07, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Help! Cat peeing in the bathroom

You're doing all the right things. It's not unusual for a cat to combine her
mad half hours at dawn and dusk with a relentless piddling campaign if she
can't get out. It's frustration; they are...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 15th 07, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
uninary problem with proteus..

http://www.fabcats.org/flutd.html

According to the above, Persians are predisposed. Can you talk to a reputable
breeder?

The position, near the door, could also be an indication of...
Forum: Cats - misc March 24th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 1
Cat Scratch Fever!

Connie did all the right things: covering up the substrate and ignoring.
However, scratching is natural behaviour and alternative cat scratching posts
need to be provided. They have to be high enough...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 24th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Accuracy of FeLV/FIV Tests?

Your sister is absolutely right, there is a latency period. The standard in-
house test has been associated with false positives. Where a positive is
found, it should always be backed-up by a Gold...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 24th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Colitis + Litter Pan Problem

Could try a softer, sandy litter in one pan, especially if she's still
straining. Cats' paws press hard on the litter when they're passing faeces.
Note the importance of cleaning the areas where...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 24th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
rabid cat?

Given the timeframe of the aggression rabies is unlikely; it's course is fast
and devastating. But a trip to the vet is a must for a thorough check-over;
there could be an injury or some other...
Forum: Cats - misc February 24th 07, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 3
Male kitten just started spraying

Previous reply is absolutely correct in that you have to clean the area
thoroughly, otherwise your cat will be virtually programmed to top it up.
Good cleaning tips in the Cats Protection and Celia...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 23rd 06, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Jealous cat...

I would reiterate Niel's advice; it could well be cystitis, often related to
stress. Please do go to the vet. Meantime, you do need to clean the areas
with proprietary fluid such as urine-off. Once...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 16th 06, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
6 mos old cat sucks on clothing

It's called pica and can be linked to separation anxiety. Primarily seen in
indoor cats.

http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/Articles/fabric_eating_in_cats.htm

However, I'd recommend taking her...
Forum: Cats - misc August 19th 06, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 14
Help me avoid declawing my cat, please

http://www.fabcats.org/scratching.html
http://www.fabcats.org/scratching_article.html

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
While my year-and-a-half neutered female tabby "Delany" no longer claws
me, she's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 16th 06, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Cat fight in the backyard!

Could a cat rescue lend you a trap? Re keeping the cat, take the rescue's
advice; cats don't naturally get on, and you'll need to check the stray cat's
FeLV and FIV status. I would argue however that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34