Old September 25th 04, 08:32 AM
Sherry

I have berber carpet and it doesn't seem to affect my 2 cats at all. My one
cat likes to claw the carpet, but so far he hasn't snagged it at all. Once
in awhile their claws get stuck in the carpet, but then that's an indication
to me that their claws need clipping.

If I ever have to replace the carpet, I wouldn't hesitate to get berber
again.

S.

I'm really glad to hear this. Because I love Berber, I think it adds so much
character to the house. But the piece we had ended up snagged really badly over
the cats. I always wondered if we'd had a higher-quality piece we would have
had better luck with it. It sounds like that's probably true, from your post.
Sherry