Old December 21st 04, 10:56 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-21, Slimpickins penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

I was thinking along the lines that everything I've read regarding
Himalayan's say that they are known for being extremely docile and gentle (
save for the occasional anomalies and inbreds). Siamese are known for
being very loyal and smart. To me this combo = Excellence.

So why not breed for those not so common and excellent traits... Hummm.. I
think I've had a light bulb moment :-). I have just* discovered my new
occupation...Now, if I can jussst find the right people that haven't* (oh,
this is a Biggie) already spayed their great & beautiful Siamese's and
Himalayans. I digress.

I don't know all that much about breeding and genetics, but it does seem to me
that in breeding, 2+2 doesn't necessarily equal 4. I'd do some research
before you put together a business plan for the venture capitalists!

That being said, of course it's true that cats are breeding in all sorts of
combinations, all on their own. My main reservation with your idea is that I
know there are *so* many cats out there who do need homes that I hate the idea
of even more being produced.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!