Old September 18th 04, 11:24 AM
Marina

O J wrote:

I just loved both of these. Maybe you could tell Frank that working
on the screenplay leads to gooshy food in the cupboard.

Thanks for the tip, OJ. I'll be sure to tell him that.

It sounds so exotic to go to an island for your summer vacation. I
just read the other day that, "Finland has the greatest number of
islands of any country in the world: 179,584." Are they government
land that is leased out long-term, or perhaps they can be owned by a
family.

There are a few 'strategically important' islands that are owned by the
government, but most of them are privately owned. We only own one
headland of 'our' island, but it's a big island, so there's plenty of
room. I think our headland is about one hectare. My granddad bought it
in the early 1960s (we celebrated 40 years on the island this summer)
for a fraction of what it would cost today. Nowadays the area is very
very sought after, and not many lots for sale.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki