Old March 27th 05, 04:18 AM
Brian Link

Default Is it wrong to want another purebred?

Going through old photos today, and came across a directory filled
with pics from when we were thinking about buying a Bengal (which we
did, and he's wonderful). Most are from this site:
http://www.tibcs.com/petcorner/photos.php

After having been through an ordeal with a stray, and knowing the
incredible number of discarded cats available for adoption, is it
morally wrong to think of adopting another purebred?

We've adopted six strays over the last ten years. We bought our Bengal
primarily because we wanted a cat whose personality could be
determined before hand, so it would keep our playful, energetic Tiger
company. This was a specific case that's worked out fantastically..
http://www.discant.com/Cat/Henry%20001.jpg

But I really love this breed - and if we can get ahold of a kitten,
there's a better chance that Louis won't go nuts.

Just a thought. Breeders will continue to breed no matter what we do,
and poor strays will get euthanized no matter what we do. But is this
just rationalizing?

Eh.. I'm not totally driven to take in another cat, but I keep
wondering what Louis will do when Tiger finally dies.. it would be so
nice for him to have another friend around. Also I'd be happy to hear
others' thoughts about adopting from a shelter vs adopting a purebred.

BLink