Old May 12th 05, 05:24 AM
Gail

She should see another vet. This one is not helping her. Was her thyroid
checked? I would see a vet that specializes in internal medicine or one
associated with a veterinary school.
Gail
wrote in message
ups.com...
Two years ago our cat was found to have elevated liver values. An
ultrasound and further blood tests did not pinpoint any reason. She,
however, seemed healthy and continued to lead a normal life. A couple
months ago she began to lose weight and to vomit occasionally.
Initially her appetite remained good, some day she literally gorged on
food. However, she kept losing weight. After several blood tests at a
cat practice, consultation with an alternative medicine vet who added
enzymes and other supplements to her diet things did not improve. In
fact, she lost more weight, vomited more often, and now has completely
stopped eating. Her belly is inflamed. We are force feeding her. It
seemed that each visit to the vet traumatized her further, and she
became more reluctant to eat. She is now literally skin and bones and
very weak. The vet has taken more blood tests without any resolution
to the cause of her reluctance to eat, her vomiting, her nausea. Has
anyone experienced something similar and found the reason or cure? Does
anyone know of a doctor who specializes in this?

Thank you for anyone who can help. I don't want to lose our precious
Helena.

- Tiiu