Old July 12th 04, 01:33 AM
formerly known as 'cat arranger'

I'm a little worried about larger traps as the
vets give anesthetic to the ferals before spay
through the cages and it seems a larger trap
would make that more difficult. Is that a
reasonable fear?

"frlpwr" wrote in message ...
: formerly known as 'cat arranger' wrote:
:
: What's the best humane cat trap. The
: haveaharts seem to have too strong a
: spring and no second door to help release
: feral cats. Thanks
:
: I have always used Tomahawk traps, 2-door deluxe models. However, I
: purchased five new traps in May and was sorely disappointed in the
: quality. Two of the backdoor clips have already broken, the new locking
: device is very hard to manipulate, especially with greasy catfood hands,
: one trap was so bent in shipping the frontdoor wouldn't open and the
: frontdoor of another one was misaligned and would catch-up on the side
: of the trap.
:
: Next time, I'm ordering the large Tru-Catch traps. I have two older
: models. They are roomier, making them good for recovery and cheaper,
: too. The self-locking backdoor does not inspire confidence and it is a
: little more cumbersome than the Tomahawks when it comes to transfering
: cats from dirty traps to clean, but I easily rigged up a back-up clip
: for security and, with a little more care during transfers, the backdoor
: has not been a problem...so far.
:
: