Old January 20th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

Default Ping: Rene S Need help with anorexic cat

There are a few of us on this list that think that Fancy Feast with
meat as the main item it the bestg feed for our kitties. I have
consistantly had kitties live to 20 on this food alone.

Alan wrote:
"Rene S." wrote in message
oups.com...
Snip
In the meantime, have you tried a fish-flavored variety of Fancy Feast?
Ordinarily, I would not encourage feeding this kind of good, but many
cats like it. A previous vet I used called it "McDonalds for cats."

Rene

Rene,
Can you expand on this statement "McDonalds for cats"? I'm not trolling
you on this. We just got a brand new 3 mo old kitten over Christmas and
we're feeding him Fancy Feast and Whiskas dry. Are we doing him a disservice
in some way? He loves the stuff.
It IS the higher priced kitty chow but not as much as the Iams or Science
Diet. We're overseas and obtain our meow chow through the military
commissary so we're fairly limited on choice. We use a local vet instead of
the Army vet because it is a *itch to get an appointment. Local vet pretty
much says feed what he'll eat just not too much. The main reason you perked
my interest on this is our last meowzer died unexpecedly last year at age 12
and the local vet said it was - are you ready for this - a possible heart
attack.
Just your thoughts on the Mikkie D 4 kitties thing.
Thanks
Alan