Old December 2nd 05, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat pees when you pick her up

Thanks for your response. I would agree that if she started this
behaviour from the time we got her, I would not be concerned, but as
she has cystitis and is on medication and has other symptoms that are
not normal, I keep thinking that something is causing this. She used to
enjoy being picked up and petted, and still seems to... until she pees!

John Doe wrote:
"Jacqueline" wrote:

no blood in urine, almost 100% back to her
playful, affectionate self) except for 1 problem. Three times now
in the last 5 days she has pee'ed when we pick her up.

Then don't pick her up?

You might think that picking up a cat is wonderful, but it can be
very stressful for the cat. Often times picking up a cat can mean
putting your face in the cat's face and that adds to the stress.

I'm not being cat romantic, I'm simply trying to help avoid the
problem. Understanding your cat is much easier than vice versa.

Sometimes we cannot do the things we as humans normally associate
with sharing love and affection, but there are workarounds.

Good luck.