Old July 24th 05, 04:38 PM
Enfilade

right now and firstoff informed my r.e.agent there is *no
way* I will even look @ what locally they call "garden-level" - which could
be either basement or ground-level - apts. Less trouble to break into than
higher floors.

I never thought of that--my first inclination would be to want a
ground-floor to make it easier to haul groceries and my self up a
flight of stairs. Also jumping out a window in case of fire would be
handier if it was ground floor. Tornados, wait, you don't have tornados
do you.

I live on the third floor.

If there is a fire, we are low enough to survive the jump/fall.

But we are high enough that no one can look into our windows walking
by, and no one can jump onto our balcony from the ground.

If burglars want in, they will need to either get around the security
in the lobby or be athletic enough to rappel up to our balcony.
Smash-n-grab isn't an option.

We get a bit of excercise hauling up our groceries up the stairs, but
we don't exhaust ourselves.

--Fil

PS. Those maintenance guys sound super creepy. Ick It should be
part of their job to be friendly YET INOBTRUSIVE, not hanging out like
they were your friend or family or something.

I feel very fortunate that our building's management is mostly
hands-off (though they are helping us out with our loud-music-playing
neighbours.)