Old September 16th 03, 08:26 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"jjmoreta" wrote in message
snip
I'm at my wits end and sleeping right now is hard enough without the

meowing
and scratching (I'm awake at the first scratch). Any suggestions? We've
pondered duct tape, which we've used with decent success in the closet

where
their litter box is due to the very loud scratching/pounding he would do
after using the litter box. I think a Scat Mat would be perfect for this
purpose, but we honestly can't afford one right now (I've even checked
eBay). I've never used Feliway, but I've heard it discussed here. Would
that have a chance of working? Am I right in that Luna isn't being picky
over positive or negative attention? In that case, is there anything
differently behaviorally we could do? I'm very tired, very frustrated,

but
committed to keeping the family together.

- Joanne

I wonder if a citrus-scented air freshener in the hallway near your door
might not keep him away. Or some citrus scented cleaner around the area of
your door. Cats generally dislike the smell of citrus and will avoid things
that smell of it. It might not help with the meowing so much, but would
keep him away from the door. Aside from that, I think your duct tape idea
might be good.

rona