Old February 28th 04, 07:37 PM
Mogie

We got a cat from the shelter. He is a flame point Manx (about a year old
and very beautiful). The reason he had been there for over 3 months is that
he plays very rough. This can be mistaken for aggression. I just had to
learn that his form of affection sometimes includes teeth and claws (yes
it's affection because he is purring away loudly). Inbetween the bites I get
a kiss or two.

Someone encouraged that type of behavior when he was young. He doesn't get
punished for this. I simply let my hand go limp and stop all forms of
attention. So far that has worked very well.

Cat Protector wrote in message
First off, cats are not dogs so they show affection only on their time not
yours. My two cats are very affectionate. Both will stay close to me when

am not feeling well. They also will sometimes jump in my lap when I am at
the computer and Jade will brush up against me as if to say "I am here so
give me a pat or something." They are also there when I come through the
door as well.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Ablang" wrote in message
How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be

little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep

with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now

since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that

was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

--
Hilary Duff turns 18 in this amount of time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&month=09&year
=2005&hour=00&m

"We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of

those
we don't like?" -- Jean Cocteau