Old September 14th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default scratching post

"Gail" wrote in message ...
http://www.purrfectpost.com/ Does this one look good? It is very tall,
sturdy and made of sisal fabric. Thanks.
Gail

My cats have a similar post, and they love it. The one I have has a square
top. I padded it and wrapped it in fabric, and Duffy loves to sit on it.
So, it doubles as both a scratching post and as a "perch" for Duffy. Here
it is:
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_c...id=81gg&bhcp=1

I also have a 32" post with carpeting wrapped around the top few inches and
bottom few inches of the square post and sisal wrapped around the remainder
of the post. The base is a rectangle with the post mounted at the back for
form an "L." That makes it even more sturdy because the cat stands on the
base while scratching. I bought it at PetSmart a couple of years ago (I
described what I had seen and they ordered it). I have also seen it online
in both 32" and 36" heights, but I can't find it now. Maybe someone else
can direct you.

MaryL