Old August 4th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default My weird cats

my mom does around 2/3 gallons a day for hers, sister makes a sugar run
during christmas holiday season when sugar is very cheap and gets several
gobs of it, not even sure how much but she stores it on her back porch for
her christmas baking, preserving and humming birds, when she figures the
price mom just keeps tabs and pays her when she is going to the store the
next time, it looks like a cookie factory on her porch, Lee
"---MIKE---" wrote in message
James Dent wrote:

My wife & I have about 200
hummingbirds w/8 of the PetPerk 56 oz
feeders, refilled twice daily. The arbor
where the feeders hang is just outside
the breakfast room window where the
cats have a perch. Our Fabuolus Four
have no interest in the hummers but go
nuts when one of the Mockingbirds
lands on the deck rail.

BTW, we have used 150 lbs of sugar so
far and bought another 100 lbs
yesterday.

I am content with my hummingbird population. I wouldn't have the
patience to make that much nectar plus I wouldn't want to spend that
much on sugar. I have to "brew" a gallon every other day.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')