Old December 2nd 03, 03:31 PM
Susan

I am a brand new subscriber and have a question - we have had cats for
years, but never 2 until last year when we adopted a year old female, part
Russian Blue, after having to put down our 18 year old cat. She was a
shelter cat and had free run of the shelter, so she was lonely and we got a
4 month old male a couple of months later. He was very dominant right off
the bat and ambushed her constantly. They got along and played alot, but I
know there were times when she was not at all happy with the constant
ambushing. We also have 2 Labrador Retrievers and I believe Morris thinks
he's a dog and gets along famously with them. Anyway, the female cat
disappeared about 2 months ago. Morris is about a year old now and he's
really lonely. We're going to adopt another, but I'm curious whether it's
better to have 2 cats of the same sex or doesn't it matter if they are
neutered to begin with. Any thoughts? Susan