Old June 10th 21, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Buffy's Hiding Off and On

On 2021-06-08 7:03 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
Buffy has started hiding again, off and on.Â* In the last day or so she
has started fighting me giving her the liquid pain medication.Â* She did
sleep with me last night but when I got up this morning to dish up her
food, fresh water, etc. she got off the bed and hid on the chair under
the dining table.Â* I went about getting ready for work.Â* While I was in
the shower she came out and ate half the food, then went back up on the
chair again.

I know it's uncomfortable if I have to force her mouth open.Â* I wish,
wish, wish! she could understand the cause and effect: she feels a heck
of a lot better within minutes if she simply opens her mouth a tiny bit
without my having to wrangle with her and touch the sore spot on her
jaw.Â* It takes *one* second to squirt the medication in her mouth.

I picked up refills of the medication after work today.Â* They want to
see her again on June 18th.Â* If she continues in this vein I'm afraid
that Friday appointment could be her last.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

--
Cheryl