Old June 11th 21, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Still Bud

Default Buffy's Hiding Off and On

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:50:08 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Buffy started her life as a feral, part of a TNR program on Dataw.
Hence the notched ear in this pictu

https://i.postimg.cc/rFs6BTJZ/Im-So-Pretty.jpg

She was taken in very early after that and became completely socialized
and an indoor only love bug cat. I adopted her after her human died in
2015. I am very grateful I had six wonderful years with a loving
snuggle bug. I do wish she'd sleep with me tonight but I know that
isn't going to happen. She'll be out of pain tomorrow.

I'm so sorry, but any animal lover has been there, usually FAR too
many times.

My current cat, GLyN, was abandoned by my landlord's Son in 2009, and
has been with me since then. He's still very healthy, and mostly only
comes in for food and attention for an hour or 3, and almost never
sleeps on my bed. IF it's rainy, maybe.

I know that if *I* live long enough, I'll lose him, but for now, I'm
happy when he comes in and head-butts me.