Old April 13th 04, 01:59 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Sherry at
itty wrote on 4/12/04 11:33 PM:

Whoa. I'm getting a new computer for my birthday. I'm so excited. (Even though
it's just a cheapo Dell)....BUT I now have a circa 1996 Packard Bell, with
Windows 95. I can't open half the websites people post, and if I do, it takes
forever (if the thing doesn't just lock up). Forget animated things, and the
sound is iffy.

All I use a computer for is internet surfing and keeping up the little mailing
list/newsletter labels for the Humane Society newsletter, so I never could
really justify buying a new one.

Does anyone know, is there any reason I should buy the upgrade and get Windows
XP Professional instead of Windows XP home?

Sherry

CONGRATS!!! You will be so amazed at the difference since you have gone so
long between. I don't think there is a good reason for the upgrade,
personally. Others might have more input than I though.

Karen