Old July 6th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

Default CInder doesn't like it when I sneeze...??

wrote:

When I sneeze, the cat who's cuddling with me at the time (could be
any one of them) gets up and leaves. The speed of the departure depends
on the cat.

I frequently sneeze explosively and without much warning. My current
pair are totally unfazed, even if they are in physical contact with me
when it happens. In fact, Heidi is sometimes sitting on my chest,
trying to convince me that it's time to get up and feed the kitties,
when I not only make a loud, rude noise but also cause an earthquake.
She just gives me an "are you *quite* through?" look of mild disgust.

All this has been a revelation to me, because Flicka and Zubie used to
react violently to my sneezes -- departing the room at an acceleration
and elevation calculated to convince the observer that they had been
physically blown out the door by the sneeze.
--

Wayne M.