Old March 22nd 04, 06:27 PM
Marina

"Renee Darvin" wrote
First of all, I must tell you that The Kitten Formerly Known As
"Destiny" (that is her legal name, the one she uses at the bank and with
the IRS!) is now known as "Jazzi" -- as in Jazzicatkitten, Jazzigirl
and Jazzipants!

Aww, that's cute!

Now to the point. Several days ago, Jazzi let us know that the one
thing in the whole world she wanted was a boyfriend -- and she wanted
one NOW! We had not been expecting this subject to come up for several
months yet, but there ws no mistaking her message.

Our two boys sat around with quizzical (i.e., stupid!) expressions on
their faces. "We know we should be doing something -- but what?
What? WHAT?"

ROFL!

Since her first (vocal) demand was made in the early afternoon, there
wasn't a lot we could do about it then and there. We did, of course,
call TED as soon as she made it crystal clear, and arranged to bring her
in the following morning.
(Dr. Moreland told us, with a faint smile in her voice, "She'll drive
you crazy otherwise!")

Now, you may not all agree wih this solution,
but we feel that there are too many unwanted kittens "out there" as it
is -- and adding 6 or 8 "in here" was not our desire. Enough on that
subject -- for now.

Her experiences with TED have, so far, been fairly happy ones, so she
waltzed into her pet cage with no argument. Sandra took her in and
everyone was so happy to see her, even the resident cats. She seems to
be one of their very favorite patients.

Meanwhile, "back at the ranch," THIS mom was feeling pretty darned
miserable! It was so QUIET in the house -- no crashes, no breaking
china, no fights with Gizzi or hisses from Baby!
No streaks of ginger and white lightening down the hallway - just a
few heartbroken sniffles from me!

You should have let us know beforehand, Renee! I'm sure all the cats would
have been happy to send you soothing purrs. Here are some anyway, and some
purrs for Jazzi, hoping she has recovered purrfectly by now.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki