Old May 26th 04, 10:50 PM
MaryL

Default Ping: Lauren (OT - Steam Mop)

Hi Lauren,

You asked about the Bissell Steam Cleaner, and I promised to let you know
what I think of it after I use it. Well, I'm good at procrastinating, but
I'm on vacation now and finally got around to using it. I bought this
cleaner because it cleans only with water. The instructions specify that
*no* chemicals ar to be used.

Results: It did a pretty good job, and the floor was "almost" dry when I
finished. Certainly, there was *much* less moisture left on the floor than
when I use a conventional mop. It wasn't quite as easy to push around as
the ads show (but then, isn't that always true??), but I liked it enough
that I will continue to use it. My one concern is that is wasn't
particularly easy to attach the mop head, but that may get easier as I get
used to it.

I remember that you mentioned wood floors. As I said in an earlier reply,
the instructions say the mop cleaner can be used on sealed wood floors but
not on unsealed wood floors. My kitchen flooring is vinyl, almost white,
about 9 years old -- and I would say the cleaner did a good job for that
type of condition.

I hope this helps.

MaryL

--