Old December 30th 03, 02:00 PM
Ted Davis

On 30 Dec 2003 04:59:55 GMT, (Luvskats00) wrote:

My 4 year old (neutered) male dsh baby has been with me since he was 2 months
old. He had a companion - until August...my other cat (18 year old spayed dsh
female) passed away. I adopted a 5 year old (spayed) dsh female 6-7 weeks ago.
Resident cat has never allowed new cat to remain in one place..he chases her.
So, I kept new cat in bedroom and resident cat in the rest of the house. I
allowed them to mingle - supervised - for small periods of time throughout the
day/night. When resident cat became too much of a bully, new cat hid behind the
bookcase.

snip

Any ideas will be welcome! Thanks.

Sometimes a cat simply will not get along with one or more others. In
the last year or so, I've has one that would attack every other cat -
he had to be not the dominant cat, but the only cat (I think he is
responsible for the dissappearance of one). I found him a single cat
home ... twice. I also have several that don't get along with certain
others, but since they have 24/7 access to outdoors, they make do.

A city apartment is a very different place from a rural home, so you
really do need a different approach. Many people recommend Feliway
for all sorts of behavior problems involving stress - you might try
that, after all, a construction project is certainly a stressful
situation.

T.E.D. )