Old August 15th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Skye

Default Cat Pregnancy Questions?

On Aug 14, 3:38 pm, "Rene S." wrote:

Since she is a feral, you could also call your local animal shelter to
see if they will offer assistance. Some have TNR (trap, neuter,
release) programs or offer low-cost spays. Many will also loan you a
humane trap.

Our animal shelter does not offer a TNR program or any low cost
spays.
They might offer a trap, though.

Unfortunately, by asking these questions you have stumbled onto one of
the hot topics on this forum. Almost all of us regulars here
_strongly_ believe in spaying and neutering, both for the prevention
of unwanted/unneeded litters but also for the overall health and well
being of the animal. Spaying will prevent certain types of cancers and
eliminate many unwanted behaviors (coming into heat, caterwauling,
spraying). With the millions of animals that are euthanized each year,
it's hard *not* to be an advocate of spaying.

I asked my questions with the only objective of getting information.
With
no disrespect intended, I for some reason just don't care about
posters'
opinions, approval, or disapproval. They don't know me or my
situations.

I *tried* to care about an hour ago, but I just can't. I mean, no
offense, but
you all are faceless, anonymous Usenet users - I don't understand how
care about that. And I can't believe anyone cares that much about
what
I do. They have to jump on and lecture every time someone posts
anything
with the words "pregnant" and "cat" in it, so that it makes THEM feel
like they
have some purpose in life. It's ridiculous.

I do care that some of the posters took the time and trouble to
respond with
some constructive information. THOSE are the ones I hear.

Skye