Old June 29th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Crass?

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message
Out of respect for KFC, I've started another thread--my comment has
little to do with the intended
topic so I have re-pasted the post into a new thread.

Helen wrote:

FWIW, I didn't read Pat's comment that way - although I can understand
why

you can be a bit wary at the moment due to some of the crass comments
from
some on a.n.other thread about looking after KFC. I read Pat's comment
as
hoping KFC has a lot of good life in her yet, not as an adverse
reflection
on the care you give her.

I didn't read Pat's post as a criticism of the quality of care,
either.

As for MaryL (which I'm fairly sure is the one you're talking
about)...making "crass"
remarks: I didn't see any of that, either. "Crass" by definition
would refer to a remark
that was crude, unrefined, and totally lacking in discrimination or
sensibility.

What I saw was MaryL taking the time to post a suggestion based on
what she knew;
what she had seen possibly save the life of a cat. When her post
wasn't received well,
what *I* saw, was her apologizing all over herself. That is not crass.

FWIW, I don't think Helen was referring to MaryL at all. I certainly
didn't think her posts were "crass" It did upset me a bit to be called
"anti-American" though. Is that how you all perceive me?

Tweed

I never have.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante