Old March 18th 05, 11:28 PM
KellyH

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
m...
Hi all

I was reading Kelly's email about her wonderful friend who needed some
purrs and it got me thinking about something which I am sure everyone
has encountered- "Cat lovers"

Yep, I've encountered people like that, usually through the shelter. A
couple of stories:

People who give up their cats to the shelter for stupid reasons (IM not so
HO) moving, new boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't like cats, etc but then go on
and on about how much they love cats (??)

People who want us to give them a cat for free because they will give it
such a great home. Of course, we don't adopt out cats for free, but I
always ask just for kicks about their past and current cats and it's always,
"oh that one got hit by a car" "this one disappeared".

This guy who contacted us for low-cost vetting and had like 8 cats, none
were spayed/neutered. Somehow convinced him to s/n the cats (of course, for
free). The reason he hadn't done the males was that he was proud "his guys"
were spreading their seed around the neighborhood. Ugh!!!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net