Old January 4th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Bubbles flew the coop!

"Rhonda" wrote in message
There may be cats in heat and he is now sexually mature. He's going to
claw his way past anything to get outside.

If you want the nice, inside cat again, he has to be neutered (no matter
who puts him in the car and takes him to the vet.) Right no you're on
the way to having a scraggly outdoor tom cat that is going to live a
much shorter life.

Rhonda

Oh fer sure... I've told her that no way is he going to be a comapatible
peer for the others inside until he's neutered. I'm really surprised and
relieved that he didn't start spraying indoors yet. He was out most of last
night and all day today so far - romping around with his brother and getting
into various kitten mischief around the neighborhood. For the space and
resources we have available our current 4 cats is all we should have. I'm
sorry to say but this little guy being here - especially in his unneutered
state - has upset the balance and harmony somewhat.

My work day starts in the evening and usually I'm out for about 14 hours.
This leaves me precious little time to do much but sleep during the day. I
usually feed the whole outdoor tribe when I get home in the morning and
again in the evening. They have several warm spaces in the area to go to.
Some of them are just adorable but I know my limit. I can only do what I can
for the others.

I'm going to repeat what I've already stated. I feel our limit for indoor
animals has been reached and am opposewd to adding more. If the wife finds
this little guy so charming that she can't resist having him, then she will
have to take care of all the details to prepare him for life indoors. I've
had numerous things like this loosely agreed to by her concerning the other
cats that ultimately got pushed off on me. This time I insisted on a firm
understanding and my dear wife is unfortunately doing it again - hoping that
my head is as soft as her heart.