Old June 24th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut[_2_]

Default "I AM AN ANIMAL RESCUER."

The following was copied from the Pawz4Life website
(http://www.pawz4life.com) and I thought it was so true. I have
relocated birds have trouble flying, squirrels and even a couple
possums to a nearby woods not to mention cats that needed help in one
way or another.

I just thought I would repost it here.

********************

I AM AN ANIMAL RESCUER

My job is to assist God’s creatures.

I was born with the need to fulfill there needs.

I take in new family members without plan, thought or selection.

I have bought dog food with my last dime.

I have patted a mangy head with a bare hand.

I have hugged someone vicious and afraid.

I have fallen in love a thousand times

and I have cried into the fur of a lifeless body.

I have Animal Friends and have friends who have animal friends.

I don’t often use the word “pet”.

I notice those lost at the road side

and my heart aches.

I will hand raise a field mouse

and make friends with a vulture.

I know of no creature unworthy of my time.

I want to live forever if there arn’t animals in Heaven,

but I believe there are.

Why would God make something so perfect and leave it behind?

We may be master of the animals,

but the animals have mastered themselves.

Something people still havn’t learned.

War and abuse makes me hurt for the world,

but a rescue that makes the news gives the hope for the mankind.

We are a quiet, but determined army

and making a difference everyday.

There is nothing more necessary than warming an orphan.

Nothing more rewarding than saving a life.

No higher recognition than watching them thrive.

There is no greater joy than seeing a baby play

who only days ago was too weak to eat.

I am an Animal Rescuer.

My work is never done,

My home is never quiet,