Old April 20th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats
Gerard Anthony Gold

Default Question: Curing cat-human worm infestation

Hello,

I have been feeding & petting this feral cat. It has these little (less than
an inch long) white, thin worm-looking things in its anus. I kind of guessed
they could be worms, but since I did not see any movement, I lost that rain
of thought. Recently, when I sit on the couch, the cat has been getting on
to my lap & grooming & sleeping.

Yesterday, I noticed a large sore on my lower thigh. Today, one of these
things dropped on to my sofa and started crawling on it with this
expansion-contraction motion, so I'm pretty sure it's a worm or a maggot. I
suspect one of these things has got into me using the skin-penetration
route.

What can I get off the shelf (I've got a 2-office visit limitation on my
health plan, so I'd rather avoid using the second so early in the year) to
kill this worm off before it does any critical organ damage?

Thanks,

Gerard