Old December 7th 16, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven[_2_]

Default Baby scores a lizard

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 3:42:15 AM UTC-5, John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 22:03:44 -0500, dgk wrote:

The lizard then moved up another 6" or so. Baby let out a pair of
yips, and simply jumped 6' or so right up the wall, knocked the lizard
to the floor, and the chase was on. I had no idea a cat could jump
that high from a standing start.

Startling, isn't it? I got my very first cat when she was a just-weaned kitten
and the first time I saw her, at about eight weeks old, jump from the floor
right to the top of a six-foot-high upright freezer, I was flabbergasted. I'd
heard cats were good jumpers, but I still wasn't quite ready for THAT...LOL!

I didn't know my Feather(RB) could jump until my friend dropped by the apartment with his Airedale. Feather got from the floor to the top of the refrigerator, seemingly without occupying any of the space in between, instantly.

--
Will now in Pompano Beach
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died." - Steven Wright