Old July 13th 17, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Kedi (film about Istanbul cats)

I saw "Kedi" in Edinburgh tonight.
Problem is I doubt I'll ever see it. I haven't been to a movie
theatre in decades, in fact I wouldn't know where to find one
around here.

There was a logo displayed at the start and finish for "YouTube
Red", whatever that is - presumably a commercially licensed
channel for distributing content for cinema screenings. That
suggests they should have a version for home viewing pretty
soon.

I've hardly ever watched films at home, either with a video
player (I don't have a TV) or on a computer screen (I don't
like sitting at a desk for that long). If I want to watch a
film at all I'll do it in a cinema to get immersed in it.

For this film, a lot of it is shot from somewhere near a cat's
viewpoint, contrasted with downward-looking helicopter shots
of the districts where the cats live - this is very different
from the perspectives you get in most big-screen movies. It
might not have the same surprise effect on the small screen.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin