Old October 12th 03, 03:24 PM
Animal luva

Default Spot is very Ill - I don't know what is best for him

He's a 13yr old neutered male cat recently diagnosed with oral squamous cell
carcinoma and we been advised to prepare for euthanasia.
He's been prescribed metacam in a final bid to make his last days more
comfortable and we've been informed that Spot "will let us know when it's
time"
Needless to say I've trawled the internet. I've got my head around most of
it - except where it comes to a cats pain threshold. Obviously, it's vital I
understand this so can anyone tell me which if any of these statements are
true?

1. Felines posess a higher pain threshold than other animals.

or

2. Felines feel the same amount of pain but express their suffering less
than other animals ?

Thank you.