Old September 15th 09, 09:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default cat diarrhea

wrote in message
"Lol" wrote in message
om...

"Gandalf" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:16:20 GMT, "Lol" wrote:

We have one cat (adopted stray) that ranges free out of doors - had a
bad
case of worms, so treated with worm pills.

A few days later, one of our other cats, indoors only, has started a
bout of
diarrhea.

Are these things related?

Thanks,
Lol

Probably.

Take the sick cat to the vet before he/she becomes severely dehydrated
and/or gets enough of an electrolyte imbalance to be in very serious
danger of kidney failure, heart failure, or something equally serious.

Diarrhea must be treated promptly, in cats. They can die from it.

Ok, thanks for replies.
Phoned vet before and his advise was that the stress of catching the cat
might make him worse...

But he reached the point of sicking up pink mucus - getting real
worried... so he has to be handled ... first catch our cat.

He is big and strong, has been stroked when he permits but never been
handled or picked up.
Tried to pick him up as I do for other cats and he walked out of my hands
like a rhino through a wheatfield - got there eventually, noted the vet
had a system of grabbing front legs at the shoulder - but he lost him
twice as well...

After examination vet pronounced no major problem at all, gave him an
injection (to reduce vomiting) a prescription diet.

Not a big problem, usually passes all by itself - and cat is getting
better - slowly.

Lol

I use a trap, I have a cat carrier and a long length of string with a
feather on the end, my big lad 'Mr. Stray' hates vets and the box. Luckily
he falls for the feather trick every time.Tuck the string and tread into
hole at back of box. then pull the string/feather into the box he follows.
door closed, off to vet....

You not getting me into that box, you crazy fool. Mr. T