Old December 5th 03, 09:46 AM
Stuart

Mnay thanks to all the responses ~
yep I'm happy for him to be more of an indoor Puss,
the environment we're in is semi-rural, in so far as at the back of
the section it's open land ~ lot's of long grass, with a scattering of
trees - definitely the place for hunting!!
I'v never spottet him go anywhere toward the street side - only once
was he in the front garden half way toward it, and I was quick to call
him over and take him elsewhere, and give him a talk about where to be
and where not to be -I doubt he understood ~ but ya never know
When he comes home he get's a warm welcome ~ and also gives it in
response ~ he's more settled with our other two 5 year old cats,
actually correction there, I should say THEIR becoming more used to
him! never had a fight - just the occasional "getting too close" and
get's a hisSs, but he comes in and settles down to a feed, smooches
up, makes himself comfortable ~ amazing to see him sleep and
stretching out to his full length ~ often on his back, enjoys a good
petting - not the kind of cat you can pat once in passing and walk
away - he wants plenty! and playful ~ I suspect he's nearer the one
year old than 2.
and 9 lbs (just short of 5 kilo's) "might" be about right for a "Coon"
but yeah.. maybe only 'part' perhaps - his tail - as bushy as it is
is not quite the same length as his body. But if he IS ~ I'm looking
forward to taking him for a walk one day ~ ha~ it'll be a sight to
see!
I'm amazed at his fur - so amazingly soft! the loose stuff doesnt
just rub off and fall tothe floor like the other two.. this floats off
into the air!
and yep - I'm very pleased he chose our house to move into. and as
much as I know what it'd be like for someone to lose such a Puss as
this - and could be missing him - it's equaly as surprising that
no-one has come forward - specially since we informed all the local
and wider are vets. but - these things happen I guess.
Coon or not ~ he's an amazing wonderful affectionate - likes climbing
the trees in the back yard! and does so as easy as a possum or
Squirrell!!
incidentally - to clear up the old email address that seems to point
to U.K. ~ we're actually in NZ.
finally - I may try the "keep in in all day for a period of time" and
see if it curtails his wanderings - plus with no owners showing up now
- we're taking him down to the vet for a checkover next week - then
we'll find out perhaps more accurately his age, and also find out if
he needs umm... neutering! and also perhaps a more definitive see if
he is a M'Coon or not.
thanks again for all the responses....