Old September 9th 04, 02:29 PM
Sherry

I have 2 Budgies in a large cage.we leave the cage door open and they have
a ladder connecting from the floor to the cage so they may come and go as
they please.One is quite friendly and quite the little jokester.

I have recently, well not recently...I would like a kitty. Now is there
any breed that would not go after these birds? I hear persians are quite
peaceful, or is it just the nature of the beast? I do not want these lil'
babies traumitized.I really would like a little cat though.

Don't get a cat that you expect to not show interest in the birds. They will.
If you get the cat, the birds *have* to be very secure, in a cage that's
completely secure and prefereably suspended from the ceiling, not on a stand.
Lock the bird away when you're gone. I can't stress this enough. We had an
eight-year-old budgie, and a cat who didn't show interest in it either. One day
I came home, he'd knocked the cage stand over, the bottom broke when it fell,
and you can imagine the rest.
Your statement is true. It *is* the nature of the beast. Our cat showed
complete disinterest for many years, and poor Tropical was a victim of our own
complacency.

Sherry