Old May 15th 05, 07:38 PM
dh@.

On Sat, 14 May 2005 23:34:05 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

wrote:

Rudy Canoza wrote:

dh@. wrote:

On Sun, 08 May 2005 20:41:31 GMT, Rudy Canoza

wrote:

we have been here to establish
that your beliefs about animals are purely your
projection of your emotions onto animals. That is
called anthropomorphization, and it is philosophically
wrong.

We have also been here and found that you have no
idea whether my beliefs are correct or not,

We DO know that your beliefs are completely incorrect.

because you don't have a clue which emotions they are
and are not capable of.

We do know certain ones that they do not experience. Disappointment

is

one they do not experience. Period.

You've got to be kidding me!! Seriously, I am very disappointed that
this discussion is even happening! WTF!

Let's start with definition:
dis·ap·point

1. To fail to satisfy the hope, desire, or expectation of.

You IDIOT! That's what someone can do TO another. It
is an ACTIVE verb: you disappoint me.

TO BE disappointed is passive. The disappointed one
doesn't DO anything. You've given an active verb to
try to support an overly sentimental,
anthropomorphizing view that animals can PASSIVELY be
disappointed.

You ****ing moron.

For starters, animals do not have "hopes". They have
primitive desires and expectations,

They are all related and some animals experience them.
Most people are not too stupid to understand that Goober.

but they are not
"disappointed" when they are not satisfied.

Rudy, are you saying animals have no hopes or desires?

They absolutely do not have hopes.

You are too stupid to understand.

They have primitive
desires, and when the desires aren't met, the animals
do not mope the way humans might.

How the hell could you know?