Old October 10th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

Default A good age to snip a male cat

"Rene S." wrote in message
IMHO, I would make the appointment now and get it done ASAP. He is
considered sexually mature at 8 months. Any or all of the un-neutered
male characteristics will start any time now: spraying (not to mention
the stink of un-neutered cat urine!), fighting, roaming. Save yourself
the grief and stress and get it done now.

Thanks, Rene. I was kind of waffling on this but the more I look into it
the more I see that he is due for snippage now. I was reading earlier that
even after neutering it takes up to 2 months for the testosterone level in
his blood to lower. So that would put him pretty close to a year in age
with a healthy supply of growth hormones.

I guess he'll be Salvadore Sans Testcicles real soon.

Paul