Old September 10th 12, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default Cat Reality

Bastette wrote:
Joy wrote:

Yes, one of the reasons I have only cats is that cats are relatively low
maintenance compared to dogs.

Unless you have to give them medicine, get them into the cat carrier,
groom them, brush their teeth, etc. This things are all vastly easier
with dogs. (Well, OK, if your dog is a great dane, getting it into a
cat carrier would be much harder. )

Think of what you have to go through to pill a cat. I'm contrasting this
with the time I took care of a friend's dog, who was on daily medication.
I just stuck the pill into a cheese-bacon doggie treat and tossed it to
the dog, who would catch it in midair. And I don't think he even chewed
it, so he never tasted the pill.

Pilling a cat can be easy if the pill is tasty :-) Kotyo has to take
Fortekor for his heart defect, and I was very worried when the vet
prescribed it because the last time I had to give him antibiotics in
pill form it was very difficult. But he scarfs down the heart pill like
it is a treat. I don't know what they've put in it to make it smell and
taste good, but I am very grateful that they've come up with a pill that
the little monster considers to be a tasty treat.

Pilling a cat can also be easy if the cat is a greedy little tuxedo
monster :-) When Kotyo was younger, I used to have the easiest time
giving him a pill. All I had to do was hide it in a bit of hotdog.
Unfortunately he's gotten too smart as he's gotten older, and that trick
no longer works. Either that, or he doesn't like Spanish hotdogs as much
as he used to like the Canadian ones :-).

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety