Old March 19th 04, 01:06 AM
Tracy

Kristine Kochanski wrote in message . ..

I'd be more concerned someone went away for a whole weekend and left a
cat alone. I wouldn't have given her the cat back! Poor lil thing.

The point is that the cat was almost a dead little thing because he
DIDN'T have a collar on.

Single people do leave cats alone for two nights. It's not that
unusual. Me, I would pay for a cat sitter. But this was on the South
Side of Chicago years ago, and people are not particulary well off in
that neighborhood. They were clearly attached to each other and the
kitty was healthy and happy (by day 3 -she was making googly eyes back
at my kitten through the glass)...