Old September 8th 03, 01:50 AM
whayface

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:57:17 -0500, "Kalyahna"
wrote:

I have to agree with you. Would he give his real children away if
where he was moving and they said he could not have any children?!?!
I think we all know the answer to that. To me my babies ARE my
children along with my 2 legged children. I no more would "DUMP" my
furbabies then I would my real children.

I have to ask why you can't bring him with you? It really upsets me that
people move and decide that their cat is nothing more than the equivelant

of
a beer can to be tossed out. I really believe people should not have any
animal unless they are willing to care for them for the rest of their

lives.

I read an interesting article about a month ago in a recent issue of the
ASPCA magazine, for shelters dealing with surrenders. The question it asked
that really stuck with me is simple, and you might want to consider it for
yourselves. Would you rather an animal remain in a home where it is
unwanted, possibly neglected because of that, or in a shelter where it has a
chance to find a new, loving home?

Most shelter around here keep them for an average of a week WHEN THEY
TAKE THEM. Usually they have so many cats / kittens that they will
not even take more !!

http://www.ameritech.net/users/lestark/my-babies.htm